Lynne Sheppard, LPN
Director of Nursing
Certified Dementia Practitioner
Lynne Sheppard began her nursing career in the United Kingdom in 1980, when she graduated as an RN from nursing school in Bristol. She worked in the medical/surgical and home health fields for 10 years before moving to the United States. After raising three children, Lynne returned to school and graduated first in her class from Johnson County Community College’s Licensed Practical Nurse program. She then entered the senior care field as LPN and charge nurse in one of Bickford Senior Living’s local assisted living facilities.
Lynne came to Care Haven Homes in 2012, attracted by the opportunity to provide compassionate, individualized care to residents at varying stages of memory loss. Lynne is responsible for managing residents’ health care needs. As Nursing Supervisor, she
- Assesses all prospective residents and formulates their individual health care plans
- Visits all homes, monitoring the residents’ health status and compliance with their health care plans
- Trains and oversees the clinical supervision of our caregivers
- Coordinates and oversees the activities of our nursing staff
- Acts as liaison to physicians, pharmacies and all outside health care agencies
- Communicates frequently with family members – discussing care, updating them on any change of status
Lynne’s father suffered from dementia, so she understands the difficulties that our residents’ families face. Because she once stood in their shoes, she offers more than clinical knowledge to those who find themselves caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other progressive memory impairments.