KS-Licensed Nurse Job
20 hours per week, 4 to 5 weekdays
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Here at Care Haven, higher staffing in small, family-style settings means a safer, less stressful environment for residents AND staff.
Our nurses and caregivers provide individual attention, superior care and the comfort of living in a happy home.
We’ve got everything you’re looking for. Check us out!
Why you’ll love this job
- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus (ask for payout details)
- Excellent compensation and working conditions
- On-call premium pay
- Important work with a local owner whose top priority is providing better memory care
- Some of the highest staffing levels in senior care, so you can give residents the attention they deserve
- Respect — ALL our nurses work together to oversee healthcare in our homes
- Rewarding relationships with residents, their families and a supportive team of dedicated professionals
- The chance to grow with one of KC’s leading residential memory care providers
Nurse job responsibilities
- Conduct rounds, assessing and responding to daily changes in residents’ health
- Coordinate residents’ care with doctors, pharmacies & outside healthcare agencies
- Supervise & manage direct care staff (CMAs & CNAs)
- While on call, immediately respond to weekend emergencies, including making home visits in the event of illness, falls or similar events
Nurse job qualifications and skills
- LPN licensed in the State of Kansas
- Experienced (prefer 2 years’ experience providing nursing services to older adults)
- Compassionate, gentle & patient
- Responsible, dependable & self-directed
- Eager to learn more about providing better dementia care
- Flexible – willing to help cover colleagues’ scheduled time off
- Proud to bring thoughtfulness and energy to a close, supportive team
What our nurses say:
We can personalize care because our local owners invest in better staffing.
They know & respect everyone: employees, residents & residents’ families.
They focus on what’s best for people, not just on making a profit.”
“When I’m in a bind, I can call on senior managers or other nurses for support.
The whole staff cares about keeping things running smoothly for our residents.”
“Supervisors never ask employees to do something they wouldn’t or couldn’t do themselves.
I respect this management team.”
” International flair – our supervisor has a British accent!”
(Yes, they really said that.)
A Care Haven Homes Refresher
- Founded in 2005, Care Haven Homes is the oldest and largest operator of small, residential memory care homes in Kansas City.
- We own and operate 6 “Home Plus” Alzheimer’s care homes: 4 in Overland Park and 2 in Leawood.
- Care Haven’s homes are real homes: attractive, ranch-style houses tucked into quiet residential neighborhoods. We’ve remodeled them to create comfortable, secure environments for people living with dementia.
- Each home provides a warm, family-style setting for no more than 8 residents. The resident-to-caregiver ratio typically is 4 to 1.
- Our local owner/operator and management team insist on giving residents what they need when they need it – with the kindness, dignity and respect they deserve.