Activities Director job Memory care assisted living
Full-time, 5 days/ week
Do you love sharing your energy and creativity with older adults? We’re looking for an organized self-starter for this Activities Director job in memory care assisted living. It’s a hands-on position, planning and running a robust activities program for around 40 residents in 6 separate homes. You’ll spend most of your day working directly with residents and families.
Our Activities Director makes sure all residents enjoy fun social interactions, both one-on-one and in groups. You’ll arrange events, outings and entertainment while also creating informal opportunities to socialize – for both ordinary days and big celebrations.
Top 6 reasons you’ll love our Activities Director job in memory care assisted living
1. It’s important work you can be proud of!
Neil Barnett, our Owner/Operator, puts it this way:
“At Care Haven, our goal is to promote dignity as well as social, emotional and physical wellness. That’s why a quality activities program is essential.”
2. Terrific working conditions
- Our long-term local owner invests in better staffing: typically 2 licensed professionals supporting a community of 8 residents.
- More caregivers in small settings mean a safer, less stressful environment for everyone.
3. Rewarding relationships with residents & families
- Memory care on a manageable scale: get to know residents as unique individuals.
- Tailor quality programming to personal interests and abilities.
- Build a sense of community, maintaining a comforting atmosphere in 6 happy homes.
4. A chance to explore new pursuits & partnerships
- Our entire team is committed to finding new ways to provide better memory care, including discovering more rewarding pastimes for our residents.
- You’ll train and direct caregivers to provide ongoing recreation and stimulation while you’re in other homes.
- Though you’ll create house-specific event calendars to guide these efforts, you’ll also encourage ongoing individualized activities, matching residents’ interests and abilities to create meaningful personal experiences.
5. Competitive pay & benefits package
- Paid time off
- Overtime pay above 40 hours/week
- Vacation time
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexibility in building your regular schedule
6. An opportunity to grow with one of KC’s leading residential memory care providers
- We encourage your ongoing professional development.
- You enjoy the satisfaction of joining a supportive team of dedicated professionals, too.
- Together, we’re building something special here!
Activities Director job, memory care assisted living
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the activities area – 1+ years’ experience planning and coordinating activities programming preferred
- At least 1 years’ experience serving individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in either long-term care or day program settings
- College degree with coursework in music therapy, art therapy or a related field preferred – high school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated proficiency in arts/ crafts/ music an advantage
- Certified Activities Director or board-certified music/ art therapist a plus
Care Haven Homes At-a-Glance
Founded in 2005, Care Haven Homes is Johnson County’s oldest and largest provider of memory care in small, residential settings. We own and operate 6 “Home Plus” Alzheimer’s care homes: 4 in Overland Park and 2 in Leawood.
Care Haven’s homes are real homes: attractive, ranch-style houses tucked into quiet residential neighborhoods. They’ve been remodeled to create comfortable, secure environments for people living with dementia.
Each home provides a warm, family-style setting for no more than 8 residents. The resident-to-caregiver ratio typically is 4 to 1.
Our local owner/operator and management team dedicate themselves to giving residents what they need when they need it – with the kindness, dignity and respect they deserve.